Wednesday, October 6, 2010

On and On






On and On


by Chasen

I tried my way It always ends up being a mistake
But You’re right when You say
That You set the time for the plans You make
I never thought that I could ever learn to let it go
Somehow its better when I follow in the paths You show

You can make many plans, but the Lord’s purpose will prevail.

Proverbs 19:21 , New Living Translation




All too often we make our own plans, 
set out on the path, and then when we get into trouble, 
or things don’t work out like we thought they would, 
we throw our hands up and ask God to rescue us. 
What He’s probably thinking is, "I’ll help you, 
but this wasn’t where I wanted you in the first place."

Instead if we ask God to guide our decisions 

and plans on the front end, we might not end up 
in trouble, or at least we’ll know that
where we’re headed is exactly where 
He wants us to be. And where 
He wants us to be is always better than anything 
we could ever want on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment